Make Your Own Leather Tote with this set. Standard kit includes the following:
- Instructional Handbook
- Pre-cut and pre-punched plastic pattern
- Choice of crazy horse leather (brown or navy) or suede (brown or green)
- Pre-cut veg-tanned straps (tan, natural or black)
- Hollow puncher 1mm
- Hollow puncher 2.5mm
- Rivets (10pcs) - your choice of finish
- Rivet setter
- Waxed thread - your choice of color
- Tapestry needles (2pcs)
- Round tip awl
- Silver pen
- Leather cleaner
You will receive a separate email after checkout where you can select the color of your leather/ suede, and thread, as well as the finish of your hardware.
- Beginner's Essentials (+PhP 1050) These tools are used in almost every leather project. Most crafters already have these, and so they are no longer included in the standard kit.
- Owden A2 Cutting Mat
- 60cm Metal Ruler
- 500g Rubber Mallet
- Rubber punch board
- Burnishing Kit (+PhP 740) Use these materials to smoothen leather edges as well as the backside of the veg-tanned leather straps.
- Tokonole 120g
- Wooden slicker
WUTA Multi-prong Puncher Set (+PhP 880)
- Stitching Pony (+PhP 990)
- Leather Balm (+PhP 200)
About the MYO- kits
All MYO- kits come with a set of materials and a detailed instructional handbook that should allow a crafter to create the featured project. This particular MYO kit is based on the Bag Making: Tote workshop. The main difference is that the student learns pattern making in class, while with the MYO kit, a pre-made pattern is already provided.
This Leather Tote is an ideal starter project for a bag making beginner. Like the workshop though, this kit is designed for someone who already has leather crafting experience. Basic techniques such as cutting leather, using hollow punchers, and setting rivets, will no longer be detailed here. If you’re new to the craft, we suggest starting with Soul Flower’s Basic Leather Crafting Workshop to get acquainted with the fundamental techniques of the craft.